Self Healing , Anti-Corrosive Coating System For Steel (REDOX MECHANISM)
Corrosion of steel structures is a mammoth problem faced by the industry and the infrastructure .Conventional method of protection of steel structures ivolves organic coatings like epoxies and polyurethane systems with inhibitives pigments like chromates & phosphates .These systems protect the steel mostly by virtue of being barrier in nature.
The Disadvantages of the Conventional Systems are:
- Corrosion initiates at pinholes ,scratches and dents.
- Involves heavy metals and environmentally hazardous ingredients
Existing Comparable Technologies:
Epoxy And PU coatings:
- Existing coatings for steel structures like epoxies and PU compounds have inherent pin holes. Further there is always a possibility that the coating can get scratched or damaged for a period of time.
- Zerokorr has a unique ability to physical heal the pin holes by forming stable oxides in the pinholes and probable scratches.
- Cost of Zerokorr is on par with the existing PU and epoxy coatings available in the market. By virtue of its self healing property, Zerokorr offers major benefits.